A dielectric coating is a nonconductive, i.e. an insulating, coating.
At Jaro Corp, we manufacture and apply our own dielectric coatings: JARO 650 and JARO 650-T Polyimide. These coatings are proprietary polyimide thermo set materials, offering outstanding characteristics which include:
- Remarkable resistance to high temperatures. They also performs well at cryogenic levels.
- High resistance to oxidative degradation, weathering and radiation.
- Excellent resistance to abrasive and frictional wear.
- Unaffected by solvents or oils.
- Provides insulation against electricity. (3100 volts per mil for the 650 and a minimum of 1500 volts per mil for the 650-T)
- The JARO 650 has a glossy red surface finish.
- The JARO 650-T has a matte red surface finish.
They are applied in a thin film, which is important where space is of prime consideration. The JARO 650 builds up at approximately .00025” per coat, while the JARO 650-T builds up at approximately .0015″ – .002″ per coat.